Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Cascading Matchbook mini with Authentique


Ho, ho, ho...just 7 more sleeps until Christmas!! Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas.


Today, Scor-pal is partnering up with Authentique. I'd like to share with you a cascading matchbook mini album.  I used Authentique's beautiful Splendid collection which was perfect for the family theme.  It is really easy to make, here are the steps:



You will need three 4 x 8.5 double sided pattern paper pieces (I used plain cardstock in my step outs so for clarity). Score each piece once at 3.5, 4.25, and 5 inches and fold on the scored lines.  Nest each page in the same order and you will see that the pages cascade.  Staple or stitch in the middle to bind the booklet.


To make the matchbook cover.  Score a 4 x 12 inch paper at 5, 5.25, 10.5, and 10.75 inches.  Valley fold at each score line.  Adhere the cascading mini booklet by using adhesive on the back of the booklet only and position it in the matchbook cover.  Use a magnet or velcro on the right flap as the matchbook closure.  Decorate and embellish as you wish.



Here are some close-ups of my mini album.   Authentique's diction words are fabulous, you get so many sentiments and words on a sheet and I love sprinkling them throughout the booklet.






Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to start at Authentique's blog and hop along for some more projects and inspiration, leaving comments along the way for chance to win!  Winners will be announced on Scor-pal's and Authentique's blog.  Good luck!

Supplies: Scor-pal, Authentique pattern paper and embellishments, Sizzix and Lifestyles dies

4 comments:

  1. Hi Virginia, This is wonderful, I have now joined you as a follower. Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Virgina - quick question for you...are the measurements on the cover accurate. You state 4 x 11 yet the picture shows 4 x 12 I think. I made this with the 4 x 11 dimensions but it looks a little off.
    Thanks - Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim, oops I am sorry you are correct, the matchbook cover is a 4 x 12 inch piece of paper.
    I will correct it in the post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always brighten my day!