Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Tag #3

Tim's 3rd tag yesterday was gorgeous.  Too bad I do not have those stamps but I do have my Quickutz (now Lifestyles)  Holly Jolly set.  I love love this Christmas die set.  It was released 3 to 4 years ago (I think?) and I still use it all the time.  If you ever come across it at your LSS, craft garage sale, ebay, craigslist etc...definitetly think about snatching it up because you will not regret it! 

Here is Tim's Tag #3
 Here is my Tag #3.


Using the Holly Jolly sayings and alphabet, I tried to get the same words and colours across the tag as in Tim's original.  I did have to make some subs but am happy how it turned out.

I used kraft cardstock to cut the base tag.  Then covered it in double sided Be Creative Tape.  I only had one shot to put the letters on because the tape is very sticky (made a little mistake with the letter 'r').

I then poured clear ultrafine glitter over the top and voila, instant shimmer!  I cut out the holly leaves from the dieset and the little branches from the Autumn Leaves Sizzlet set.




Trying to angle the photo for you to see the shimmer effect on the tag.



I mentioned earlier the versatility of the Holly Jolly set, I dug up an old sample board I made to show many ways add some Christmas cheer to your cards and pages!

1 comment:

Your comments always brighten my day!