Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas #10

Here is my take on Tim Holtz's Christmas Tag #10.  He used a really cool technique called packing tape transfer.  I didn't have any packing tape but have tried this technique and I agree it is really easy and the transfer is amazing to use.  I didn't have a music scrip background stampe so I went to my favourite vintage image blog Graphics Fairy- she has an AMAZING collection of vintage images.  I downloaded a vintage Santa and sheet music, printed the images from my computer, and gave them a once over with Vintage distress ink.  I spritzed a little glimmer missed too on the background.

I applied Glitter Ritz transparent glitter over Santa and placed this under an acrylic tag and popped it up on pattern paper by Authentique.  My metal word WISH was bright red so I coloured it with a black copic so the end result is like a burnt cranberry.  The holly leaves I diecut from Authentique pattern paper too.

All the ribbon I have used on all my tags are May Arts ribbon.



Here is Tim's Christmas Tag #10 and the steps are on his blog on how to create it:

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to venture to say ... I like your tag better than Tim's!! It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your tag Virginia. It is just so full of the Christmas spirit! And I think I like it better than Tim's too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! This caught my eye on Tim's blog. Love this. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this tag! It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always brighten my day!