Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas #11

Following along Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas and seeing all the amazing links to his blog gallery how can one not be in a festive spirit.  Even with the lack of snow here in Southern Ontario, getting our tree today always is  a highlight in our family preparing for Christmas.  We will be decorating it tomorrow night!

Tim's Christmas tag 11 is very jolly, love the Santa and he used shrinky plastic to create his holly.  I love his spritzing of water on a distress inked background to create bleach like water spots.

The background of my tag is a mix of Distress Ink colours peeled paint and tumbled glass.  I used the same blending foam that had both colours in it, not sure if it would work but I do like the minty blue/green background.

I downloaded this adorable vintage image from the Graphics Fairy.  I clear embossed the entire image and fussy cut it out and used Stickles on the tree.  It is hard to tell from the photo but the image has a clear glossy coating and I white embossed with the snowflake stamp (TH Mini Holidays stamp set). I matted an acrylic tag over the sentiment for the glossy look (in lieu of the shrinky plastic) , and finished the bottom of the tag with 2 colours of twine.



 Here is Tim's Tag #11, and he shows how to create on his blog here:



4 comments:

  1. This is lovely! Love everything about your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marianne in MDDecember 12, 2011

    I really like your tag with the girl and tree! You've captured the feel of Tim's tag using a different era. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've selected gorgeous vintage image for this tag! I love it! Background is beautiful! And twine gives it all wonderful finish. Great tag!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always brighten my day!