Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas #7

Good morning.  It is still very dreary here in Southern Ontario but I don't mind it because I am having a ball following Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas inspiration.

Here is Tim's Christmas Tag #7:
Is his tag not gorgeous!  He used a really cool product called glassine.  I remember seeing him demo this at CHA and he did some amazing things with it.  He has a great video on how to use glassine on his blog, you can get to it by clicking on the Christmas Tag link above.

Here is my Christmas Tag #7:
I substituted parchment paper for the glassine.  I inked it in green ink, crumpled it, inked again.  I also used ribbon paper to cut out the holly leaves to add more richness in colour. It is close to that sheer and crinkly look of glassine.  I used Stamper Anonymous Mini Holidays on the background. And finally, I embossed the Christmas Carols title and Reindeer image.  Yes...you read that correctly, EMBOSSED. I do love the end result but I am still not sure if this will be part of my regular technique jar.  I think it is the messiness that I get hung up about--I had embossing powder everywhere, my heat gun wouldn't sit on my desk, and I kept tripping over the wire on my floor!  There...I vented why I don't like to emboss but because I love how this tag turned out there is still hope to convert me yet!   To finish the tag, I used stickles for that extra bling.


Thanks for stopping by.  Tomorrow is my Scor-pal/Jillbean Soup blog project, hope you can drop in for that peek and there will be some links to some giveaways!

5 comments:

  1. A lovely tag and what a great idea to use parchment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used parchmen, great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that should have been parchment with a 't'lolxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! You are an amazing talented designer. I can already tell that I'm going to learn so much from you this year. I'm so inspired by what I've just seen on your blog. We are going to have a fun year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Virginia - thank you for your lovely comment - I agree this is all very kewl - stunning to a new blogger - this is so inspirational for me - 10 days ago I didn't even have a blog. yours ROCKS! I shall return later with Tea and biscuits. Anna x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always brighten my day!