Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas #9

Sharing my take on Tim Holtz's Chrismtas Tag 9:

I made lots of substitution but I did try the double emboss technique he show on his blog- really neat effect I am definitely warming up to doing more stamping/embossing (only tripped over my heat gun once LOL so I am getting better for sure!).  I did not have the chandelier die to make the candle stand but used the bottom portion of the dress form.  The candle is a Quickutz birthday '1' trimmed to a candle shape.  The leaves around the candle are from the Tim's regal crest die.



The symbol of a lit candle evokes a powerful meaning so I did not want to add anything more to the tag to distract from it.  Thanks for looking!

You can view the steps to make Tim's Christmas Tag #9 on his blog.

Tim's Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas #9

1 comment:

  1. OH...I love your background! Looks like antique metal panels!
    Great use of your dressform die. I think I'll have to try that one, as I don't have the chandelier die either.
    Very Pretty! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always brighten my day!