Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas Tag #2

Day 2 presents another gorgeous tag by  Tim Holtz.  Loved that he used the Reindeer Flight die.  I have this die and use it all the time!

Here is Tim's Christmas Tag#2



Here is my Christmas Tag #2:
I did find out that #8 tag is sized 6.5 x 3.25 inches so at least I have the same size of blank canvas to start with. Instead of using Kraft resist pattern paper, I started with cutting out the base tag from Authentique pattern paper.  I chose that because of the similar vintage look and the musical notes on the bottom.

I don't have ink stains and perfect pearl mist I decided to cover the entire tag with Be Creative double-sided tape and sprinkled Glitter Ritz transparent micro-fine glitter.   Burnishing the glitter onto the tape it leaves a very glittery smooth sheen.   I used a holly stamp (CTMH) inked in green and stamped directly onto the glittered surface in the corner (yes, you can stamp over micro-fine glitter).  I also stamped Believe down right edge.





Next, I took Distress Ink Vintage Photo and the blending tool to rub the ink onto the glitter tag and around the edges.  The transparent microfine glitter takes on a very soft gold hue.



I diecut the reindeer out of chipboard/linen fabric and the iron fence border along the bottom.  I didn't have the supplies to make the mini wreath so I cut out an individual section from some o-wire.  My initial plan was to string some mini buttons hanging from the reindeer.  I put the first button on and it looked immediately like a bling-y ring.  So I thought why not do a fun play on the engagement theme.  I cinched the o-wire together , strung it around the reindeer,  and made a small tag titled 'we're engaged!'.  This would make a fun gift tag for a couple recently engaged or as an embellishment on a scrapbook page about getting engaged.



Here is a photo of the finished tag in much better light.  Hope you enjoyed seeing how it all came together.







2 comments:

  1. I have some tags if you need some. Love your tag and your cool bling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy! thanks Brigit, I think I'm okay improvising for now. I just cut out a rectangle and snip two corners at the top to make the tag, so far so good. I love glitter (bling) but won't go near embossing powder...guess i am just quirky that way, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always brighten my day!