Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas- Tag 5 & 6

Good morning!
It is double tag day today in one post, so let's get started with Tim's Tag #5.  He showed a really cool technique with alcohol inks and stamping resist technique.  The typography in white s actually the negative of the stamp when the stamp ink reacts with the alcohol ink. 


Here is my take on Christmas Tag #5:






I do have one set of alcohol inks and luckily there was a red pepper colour in it.  I alcohol inked an acetate tag (cut our from transparency paper you get from Staples) about 5 thin layers to achieve a rich red.  I did not have Ranger's archival ink and after 3 attempts with the other ink brands...the stamp resist technique just didn't work at all.  On to plan B. Using the red tag base I added 4 panels cut from Hambly screen paper to mimic a front door.  I added a little girl holding the stocking and the word JOY cut from metal paper.





Today is Tim's Christmas Tag #6.  He embossed foil paper...really neat vintage look:




Here is my take on Tag #6:



I used a cuttlebug Christmas embossing folder on Quickutz metal paper.  Instead of painting, I used my copic markers to colour just the raised lettering.  I used 2 stamps from Tim's Mini Christmas stamp set on the top and bottom of the tag.  There wasn't room for a wreath so I tied a bow using three different strands  of bakers twine.

3 comments:

  1. Красивый, интересный тег!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on both tags they look fantastic x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always brighten my day!