Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Lunar New Year

It's the year of the Dragon!  Spent the weekend with family enjoying traditional New Year's Eve meal with lots of chicken, fish, noodles, and dumplings..yum!  I also cleaned the house from top to bottom because the belief is that you shouldn't clean for at least 3 days after the New Year  to avoid sweeping away all the luck for the year.  Hey no housework...I won't argue with that!

New Year means new perspective.  My OLW (Ali Edward's One Little Word) this year is:
Sim-pl-ify. 

I chose my OLW last month because things were just a little crazy and I decided that it was time to keep life simple.  I need to simplify my goals, doesn't mean to lessen them, maybe it means to break them down into easy components and check them off one by one.  Simplify my possessions,  less is more , use what I have and stop acquiring new things just for the sake of it.  This applies to my scrapbooking.  I need to catch up on my family scrapbooks and memories.   Simplify scrapbooking...not every page needs to be  'perfect'.

Simplify and enjoy the everyday....sounds simple but sometimes is not always easy.  I'll look forward to working on this!

Some scrappy inspiration this week.

Check out the Sketch Support's one page Sketch.   Posted today are some beautiful projects, drop by the site when you can, new projects are posted daily.   I love this sketch and knew the minute I saw it would make for a perfect layout that I have been pondering how to create for quite some time...this is why I love sketch support...totally gives you the inspirational jump start! 


Tomorrow (Tuesday) will be a fabulous blog hop with My Favorite Things and Scor-pal.  Definitely grab a cup of tea and hop along tomorrow for some fantastic inspiration and chances to win some fabulous prizes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments always brighten my day!