MFT and Scor-pal Blog Hop

Happy Tuesday! thanks for stopping by, hope you are enjoying the ideas and inspiration you have seen so far. 

Today I am sharing  with you my Accordion Flip Train mini-album.  I used my Scor-pal tool to create the mini train album and some gorgeous MFT stamp and diecut sets (Cloud Trio die,  Homespun Birdhouse set, Contempo Cage and stamp set) to embellish.  I love the bird motif so as soon as I saw these 2 sets on the MFT website & knew they would be so much of fun to play with!

The Accordion Flip Train is a wonderful way to tell your story.  There are so may pages to include your photos and journaling.  In my example, the story is this beautiful baby boy named Jayden, combined with the sweet birdie theme...a perfect match!

I used felt with the MFT dies and they cut through this material like butter!  I love the bird house, the birds, the bird cage and all the cute tweetie sentiments.   I also used the MFT cloud dies which are perfect sized cloud bubbles to incorporate sayings and journaling.




Here are some close-up shots of my mini:



Make a winged heart by using 2 bird wing dies.  The blue heart is hand cut and the negative outline I didn't throw out and used it below:







Here are the step-by-steps to make an Accordion Flip Train mini of your own!

Take a 9 x 12 inch paper and place on your Scor-pal tool.   Score at 4 and 8 inches.  Rotate paper 90 degrees right and score in the middle at the 4 1/2 inch mark.

With a scissors, cut along the two vertical score lines as shown and stopping in the middle.
 Mountain fold along the middle and accordion fold the panels.  Repeat again.

You should have 2 accordion flap pieces.



To make the train, take a 2 x 4 1/2  inch piece and score vertically in half.  Align the two pieces together and using scor-pal tape on the edges to adhere the connector flap



You have completed your Accordion Flip Train Album.  Have fun and embellish as you wish!

I have always loved using diecuts and repurposing them to create new shapes.  Upon looking at these two sets I saw ice cream cone, birthday hats, pennants, and cupcakes.  Scroll down to see what I mean.  With a few simple cuts of the basic birdhouse shape you can get a few uses out of this particular die!


 Make an ice cream cone shape by trimming from one edge to the opposite edge.

 Add in some cloud tops as ice cream scoops to make a perfect ice cream treat!

 Take the same triangle shape, add in the scallop border and little circle from the dies set and you have an instant birthday hat!

 Invert the hats and make a pretty pennant border!

Again, take the birdhouse, hand cut it in half, doesn't have to be perfect because it will be covered.

 Layer in a few cloud shapes and you've just created a yummy cupcake!
Thanks for hanging in to read my long post.  Now don't forget to leave a comment here (this may be the secretly chosen blog for the random draw) for a chance to win some prizes and then hop on back to the Scor-pal blog to see all the fab ideas from the designers playing along this blog hop! Good luck!


73 comments:

  1. This album is just great! Love all the flaps, I definitely need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the fun things you created with the dies! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks so much for the tutorial on making this lil album...too cute...aren't score pals amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, love that little album! and thanks for so many wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a SWEET, SWEET album!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, thanks for the tutorial...I love how this came out! Sweet photos and amazing embellishments! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet album. I love everything about it. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply AMAZING!!! I can't wait to make one of these! Thanks so much for sharing the 'how-to'!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your ideas, Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH my word - this is the most darling project! Such a sweet baby with all of those sweet dies. What an amazing keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome- thanks for sharuing the album!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your project is very creative. Thank you for the demonstration on how to make it. Looks like you put a lot of time and effort in your project. BTW, had trouble getting into your website from the Scor-Pal page. Denying me permission to view your project, I had to enter your site address and go in that way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so adorable. Your use of products is very ceative. I'm in awe of your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your train fold is awesome, you really can get a lot in this!! Fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. cute project! I love that birdcage...it's still on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing mini! I just ♥ it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun way to make an album. Thanks for showing your other ideas with the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is absolutely ADORABLE! LOVE every bit of this, especially the felt heart on the birdcage!! Just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply fabulous! All details are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is absolutely precious and I love how interactive it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awwwww....what an ADORABLE little flip album!! Thank you for all the details on how to make it! It is just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an amazing, beautiful album!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Deb FagnantJanuary 24, 2012

    What a great project for a such a special event. Anyone would cherish this way of preserving memories.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, love the mini album! Soooo wonderful! And I also love that you shared all you could see to create with those MFT dies! After you named them, I could see how you would build them...and then I scrolled down and saw how you did build them with the felt! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous mini album and fabulous details. Thanks for all the explanations. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just love this idea! Love how you used all the dies and used the clouds in a creative way.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this little book so detailed

    ReplyDelete
  29. How cute! So creative using the dies for all kinds of shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  30. crafty dorkJanuary 24, 2012

    Love the book and die. I don't expect to
    win, but would like to know where I can
    purchase these dies. Thanks for posting
    and sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOVE your use of felt and the detailed tutorials! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love all the details in this mini album! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What great ideas. Not to mention the
    cutie-pie in the little album. Lovely.
    Jan B

    ReplyDelete
  34. A-dorable mini!! Just love it. Fun to see your process on repurposing the dies

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the mini! I had to look twice, the first time I was ooh'ing and ahh'ing over the sweet baby. :) Thank you for sharing your clever ideas with the dies. Who would've thought a bird house and clouds = cupcake! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Aww, what a sweet baby and mini! Thanks for sharing the tutorial and the "cupcake" tip!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Precious mini! Great tutorial. tfs joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor (again)! What a fabulous project! Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  39. OMG, I can't believe all the things you came up with with that die, that took it to a whole new level, wowza. How precious and sweet is your mini album. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is super cute! It's like a surprise on every page!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Very sweet mini album! P.S... the baby is also super adorable! :)

    XoXo,

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  42. I thought I could see other uses for dies, but that was amazing!! And the book is just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love it! How much fun! I must try this also!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Gorgeous mini book, love your creative use of the birdhouse die, lovely colors used in the book

    ReplyDelete
  45. Fabulous album--I like all the felt embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Very creative lloovvee the fold.. Tfs Kat;)

    ReplyDelete
  47. ok firstly. i am so happy there is a scorpal/MFT blog hop! i just love both products and secondly I NEED inspiration to see how to use the scorpal to its fullest. thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Lovely mini album. Great album and I love the use of those dies.

    ReplyDelete
  49. This is SO CUTE!!! What a lovely idea for a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a cool card. love the way you have made your card love the colors and the papers. Awesome the little one is supper cute. thanks for sharing us how you made your scores. thanks for sharing.abbraddock@msn.com
    www.anita-craft-corner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh what a Darling Album! Love all the Sweet felt embellies you created for it! Thanks so much for sharing all the different ways to use the dies! Just Fabulous inspiration! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love the album! It would make a great baby gift. After the hop I'll be coming back to try and make one.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Your album is awesome and thanks so much for sharing the tutorial! I will give it a try for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. This project is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Love both your projects! The mini train album is so adorable with all the embellishments and felt cut outs. Thinking outside the box with the die-namics.

    ReplyDelete
  56. The Scor-Pal makes all the folds so much easier! Your train album is a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  57. wow!!!!!!!! this is going in my bookmarks for future reference! There is so much to take in. The ice cream cone is so cute!!! TFS the step by step accordion fold!!! Too Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Thanks so much for this tutorial on the train album! Sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  59. OMG! So fabulous how you changed those shapes into completely other shapes and creations! Very creative! Now...to just remember all those cool tricks :-) Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Using the clouds as thought bubbles - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  61. I love your book. Great use of the die cuts and the score pal. So sweet. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  62. What a fantastic book. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  63. I never thought of using felt in my paper crafts! Now I have a reason for keeping that in my supplies. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Love Love Love this sweet little project.
    I'll definitely be making one of my own in the very near future!

    ReplyDelete
  65. i love this album but am a little confused of how you did it please help me thank you

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always brighten my day!