Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

a Birthday Wish card with My Mind's Eye


I ((heart)) the new releases by My Mind's Eye...so very very beautiful.  I just love looking at the papers fanned across my table..weird yes but I know you all understand ;)

For this birthday card I used one of the wood plank pattern papers from Miss Caroline collection and punched a scalloped border to mimic the top of a wood fence.  I made and strung the banner across the fence and diecut some balloons and tied them to the fence with some twine. 

My inspiration comes from something that I thought would be cool to do on my Birthday- to hold a bunch of balloons in one hand, make a wish and let it go.  Have never done that and likely never will simply because there are many more important things to do on a Christmas Eve (lol) plus I wouldn't want the balloons to get in the way of the reindeer's important job!

The grid background is a stamp by Hero Arts and the Distress Ink colour is evergreen bough.

 
I placed the word 'wish' across the top of the fence,  another option could be adding the birthday age repetitively across as well.

1 comment:

  1. I really adore this - very stylish - sorry no comments for ages - been really ill xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always brighten my day!