Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Embossing chipboard with Scor-pal's No More Shims mat

I love finding ways to re-purpose things and I came upon this kewl discovery when I was experimenting with Scor-pal's No More Shims embossing mat.  In the information pamphlet that comes with the mat you use the mat with the standard sandwich plates that come with your Big Shot or Cuttlebug to flatten bottle caps, emboss metal stencils, thin metal dies, fabric doilies etc.- essentially anything that has a bit of texture.


I didn't have any bottlecaps or doilies to emboss so I went exploring into my scrapping stash to see what else might work and the light bulb went on ..I grabbed some thick chipboard shapes by Maya Road.  Anxious to see if they would work with the mat I did a little happy dance when I saw the results...Eureka!  Imagine all the possibilities to customize your embossing backgrounds using chipboard shapes and alphas.   I like that you can emboss a certain 'spot' to fit with your card layout or theme and you can use the chipboard over and over again--no waste!



If you don't have any premade chipboard shapes..no worries, you can make your own.  I made a heart shape using my sizzix die and chipboard.  I embossed onto Co-ordination core card stock and sanded the outline a bit.



Pretty neat eh?  Is your mind thinking of all the chipboard embossibilities now? Have fun!

10 comments:

  1. What a loveley cards! And what a great idea to re-use the chipboard elements this way. Thanks. Regards from Holland, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great!!! I have the "You are my Sunshine" rub ons:) Beautiful Cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool and clever it that?! Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! My mind is racing with all of the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the pad that you used, but didn't realize how much it does until you demonstrated it...I'll definitely put mine to work. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG you are a genius! This is beautiful. I have so many Sizzix dies. I am going to check this out for sure tfs Tmi

    Tambos Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great idea for embossing. I really like the first example with the three embossed shapes -- it looks great just like that!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always brighten my day!