Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Creativ Festival wrap-up

Had a great time at the Creativ Festival this past weekend.  If you are crafts enthusiast then spending some time at Creativ is a fabulous way to be inspired.

I had loads of fun spending time at the Scrapbook and Cards Today booth with Catherine, Vicki and Sarah-- as always you ladies are a hoot.   Congrats to SCT for reaching 11,000 Facebook fans this past weekend, if you are not already a fan, here is the link to LIKE them, and then be ready to play 'Let's make a deal' to celebrate!

Thank you to all who joined me for my mak'n take at the Paper Arts Park- you all left a little glittery and sparkly!

I did manage to get a little bit of shopping..who can resist the temptation...tee hee. 

Love the look of stitching on cards and pages, so I heard that using heavy weighted fibre like embroidery thread with a thinner sewing needle will achieve the best results-okay got it! no more excuses not to use my machine more.

This totally CAUGHT my eye at the Lens Mill fabric store.  So pretty!  I resisted the temptation to buy at first but broke down the next day so and a yard of it came home with me.  When I was making the purchase at Lens Mills, the gal asked what I planned to do with it and I answered I answered 'not sure'.  hmm...just to pretty to pass up! 

As crafters...it's all about having the right tools right?  These Westcott scissors are wonderful! They were on clearance (half price!) at the Memory Keeper . They cut beautifully, the large handles are super comfortable, and the blades are titanium and cut through heavy paper like a breeze.


And lastly, being a true die-cut girl at heart, I made a little dent in my long wish list of Memory Box dies.  I love their designs, so delicate and sweet.   This one caught my eye...I think it would be wonderful for Christmas cards...never too early to get a head start on them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments always brighten my day!