Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Festive tag using Hambly Washi tapes!


  

Love, love, love washi! They are pretty, delicate, and so easy to use. I think I have succumbed to yet another paper crafting addiction oh my!
 
Here is a festive tag I made using everything washi by Hambly- check out the fun background, banner/pleats/border, and pretty rosettes/flowers.



Create washi  borders with your punches:

Apply the tape slightly away from the paper edge to preserve as much tape width after punching. 
Keep the pretty washi border punched out as is OR gently peel away and offset the tape to create a double border effect.



Make pretty washi ribbon pleats:

Got ribbon? dig into your ribbon stash and combine it with some washi. The sticky washi tape on the top half makes it easy to adhere to paper leaving the ribbon on the bottom perfect for making pretty pleats.  After you've made your row of pleats, just use more washi as a decorative trim on top.






Use washi to make pretty flower blooms:

Make pretty washi centres in your ribbon flower.  Apply washi to satin ribbon.  Gather and pleat in a circle to create a beautiful soft flower.





Jazz up pleated rosettes with pretty washi patterns:


I still love making pleated rosettes and it is so easy to beautify them with washi!

Diecut the pleated rosette first and then apply a straight line of washi across the length.  Keep the pleat at the beginning/end of the rosette free of washi as you need to place strong adhesive on these ends to secure the rosette together.  I love how the washi creates a beautiful centre in the rosette.




I hope this gives you a few more ideas on fun ways to use up your washi tape collection. Enjoy!
 
Supplies: Hambly washi tape, Sizzix diecut, EK success border punch

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work, Virginia!! Love what you've done with the washi!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tags and thank you for the great creative ideas!! I love the pleated rosettes!I think that I might have to break down and buy that die! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Virginia, thank you for the great ideas! I hear you will be at Scrapfest on Saturday, hope to see you there =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through for sketch support. Miss seeing your lo, but enjoyed seeing what you did with the tape. Never really saw the point before! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOPS! Missed you on the blog hop,maybe your sleeping in!! I want some washi tape!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these photos and tutorials, thanks Virginia, but can't see how this is related to the sketch blog hop..did I miss something? and how do we get to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought washi tapes so am excited to see new ideas, however I think I missed finding your sketch blog hop layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Virginia, thanks so much for the tutorial on the washi tapes. I do enjoy learning new techniques! Thanks for be a part of the Sketch Support blog hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love the washi tape. Will check back to see if you posted for the Sketch Support Blog Hop later.

    Awesome, tag!

    Hugs,

    PattiM
    {Pattie's passion}

    I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the tips on using the washi tape! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Virginia :) These are really pretty ideas :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always brighten my day!