Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sketch Support One Page (April)

Today I am sharing my project using Sketch Support's One Page sketch.  I would describe my scrapping style as clean and simple and I am definitely more comfortable in creating 1 page vs. 2 page layouts.  When I saw this sketch, I fell in love with it...hmm...I seem to say that with every one of Allison's sketches, tee hee..but really do love this sketch.  It's a one page and it has hearts (love my heart theme).


I like how the photos in the sketch overlap one another making the photo block connected.  I printed the photos with a white border so that they would really contrast with the brown background.  I also opted to not use pattern paper behind the photos making the photos look like frames on a wall.   I just used two strips of My Mind's Eye Lush paper to ground the layout.  You might have noticed this same pattern paper, I've used it on 2 previous projects here and here  and it matches perfectly with the t-shirt worn by the Birthday Girl cutie!


I use my computer for journaling on the a scallop diecut . Tip: I use washi tape to position the diecut label on my paper before running it through my printer.  Washi is so inexpensive and it is removable so I use it all the time to tape things down. 


Don't forget to check out Sketch Support to see all the other creative inspiration from the gals on the team.

Here are a few more photos of the other 'live' party guests:





2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I love how you were able to capture all the important elements of the party. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Virginia, was checking out the SG blog and saw your name. I still have the Hello Kitty altered bucket you brought to my house, and think of you. Used one of your kits from Scrapalicious, was great fun putting together. Take care! Steph

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always brighten my day!