Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Spring card- Butterfly Kisses

It is card week at Sketch Support.  When I saw this sketch what inspired me right away were the butterflies.  I remember fondly when I use to exchange butterfly kisses with daughter.  I would ask her 'did you catch my butterfly kiss?  Funny how something so simple  triggers a precious memory. 


My take on the sketch was to keep the vertical look by using striped pattern paper and since the sketch show 11 vertical stripes, I wrapped the baker's twine 11 times around each square in the centre mat.
The twine wrapped around the squares is to mimic a net to play on the 'catching theme'.  I tucked in the butterflies through the twine. I added a few 'x's - these are kisses.  On a side note--- I had always thought hugs in XO Hugs 'n Kisses were the 'x's- later googling to find that in fact the kisses are the 'x's- thanks goodness for Wikipedia!


You can see more fabulous cards and layouts inspired by this sketch by the DT over at Sketch Support.
Hope everyone has a fantastic Easter Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments always brighten my day!