Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

For my monthly blog tutorial for Scrapbook and Cards Today I wanted to make a card for my Mom with some added special details.  Creating a window in your card is a fun way to introduce layers because you can dress it up on the outside, in-between the window and the inside the card to create a little story.

My mom is a talented sewer and I used the Sew Easy die-namics and stamp set from My Favourite Things.  The pattern paper is My Mind's Eye and I also used some Memory Box dies (the spring flower border and the delicate heart shape).


I used the ornament frame die from Sizzix to create the window.  The finished card measures 6 x 5 inches and I chose this size because it would be easy to centre the die into the middle of the card.  You can change it up depending on the die or punch you are using


         Position the pattern paper over the card front and use remove-able tape to attach together (I use washi tape).  Roll the front of the card/pattern paper together through the Sizzix die to create the window.

  
     It does take a little bit of extra planning in layer your embellishments and for my Mom she will be all smiles when she opens it and that alone is totally worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments always brighten my day!