Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A box with a little flip...

Here is my wrap-up post for Scrapbook and Cards Today blog about my challenge in scraplifting yourself this week.  Today's project features an additional fun twist to the Keurig box I posted on Monday.

Not to choose between my Keurig and Tassimo (I was perfectly very happy with my Keurig and then my cousin gave me a Tassimo last Christmas so I am having fun tasting all the beverages both systems have to offer!) the same box template also fits Tassimo pods too!



Here is the same box and I added a flip cover to it.  I have posted this project before but didn't have the photo steps using the Scor-pal tool:


 

1.       Take 5 ¾ x 12 piece of cardstock.  Score at ¼ and 6 ¼ inches. Mountain fold at the 6 ¼ inches and glue the flaps together, this leaves a nice folded edge to your cover.

2.       Place strong adhesive on underside of the small vertical flap.  This is adhered to the side of the box top.  Decorate as you wish.

Adding a flip cover gives that extra element of surprise, provides lots of room to play up your theme, and you have space for a little message.  You know me...always looking at making projects with practical purpose too!  The theme of this box project is for upcoming Father's day.  The supplies used here are My Minds Eye pattern paper, American Crafts thickers, and Memory box dies.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great tutorial. This is on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful !!! Thanks for inspiration ... I make a card for my dad !
    Bizz

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always brighten my day!