Today I will be sharing my project that was featured on the Scor-pal blog as part of this past week's Scor-pal and Doodlebug cross promotion. If you missed this project or any of the other great projects from the Scor-pal team you'll want to hop on over there and see what's been going on this week. Be sure to leave comments on each post on the Scor-pal blog for a chance to win some great prizes. Entry deadline in 8am Monday, July 30, so there's still time.
I was delighted for the chance to play with these adorable Doodlebug products along with my Scor-pal. Here is a 3D House shaped card which you can use for so many themes such as new baby arrival, new house, etc.
Here are the steps:
1. Take a 6 x 12 double sided pattern paper. Place onto the Scor-pal and score at the 3, 6, and 9 inch marks.
2. Rotate the paper and score at the 3 inch mark which is the vertical centre.
3. Look for the scored square pattern on your paper. Rotate so that you line up the opposite square
corners and score diagonally. Repeat for the other opposite corners of the square. Refer to the photo to check the score pattern you should have.
4. Crease the paper along the diagonal score line and tuck in the side to form a peak- this the triangular roof shape of the house.
5. Place the house shape with the bottom flush along the Scor-pal. Score 3/4 inch from the bottom just to the top of the underside of the triangle portion.
7. To keep the card together, use a staple or sew in a few stitches along the middle spine.
8. You have just created your house card. You can decorate on all sides to really play up your theme!