Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer Cards that pop!


I was thrilled to take part in the summer issue of Scrapbook and Cards Today's 3 Designer Challenge where Danielle Flanders, Davinie Fiero, and myself were given the same set of supplies to create some summer projects.  I love the pages Danielle and Davinie created, you can read all about their projects and the entire summer issue for free here:

I created 2 cards using gorgeous American Crafts paper, a fun butterfly punch, and a great selection of embellies from Maya Road, Queen & Co, Ormalu, and Bella Blvd.  Here is one of them:


A close up here show the butteflies popping off the card. I love popping up elements but sometimes I don’t like to see the 3D foam adhesive visible under my punched out shapes.  Here is what I like to do:

Punch out the shape 3 times.
Fold 2 punched out shapes in half.
Layer the 3rd shape over top and glue the assembly to your project. Voila…your shapes are jumping off your card!



This technique also works for non-symmetrical shapes, on the card below I popped up the non symmetrical flower on this birthday card.

Supplies: American Crafts
Cut out 3 pieces of paper the size of your die-cut shape.
Fold 2 pieces of paper in half,  place over your shape with folded spines together and cut out.
Take the 3rd piece of pattern paper and cut out a single shape. Tip: normally you die cut your shape with the pattern you want facing down on the die, here you want the pattern to face up.
You end up with 2 folded cut outs and one full shape.  Layer the full shape over the two halves.
Glue the 3D shape to your card!







Hope you have fun adding 'pop' to your projects too!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Virginia - I LOVE the way you have done these - I featured your post over on the PaperVine Facebook page today :-)
    Lowri

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always brighten my day!