Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Got scraps? File it!


For my 3T's (tips, tricks, and techniques) post at Scrapbook and Card's Today I wanted to share how I organize my scraps.  I use a file box (regular file size) readily found at any office supply store and file my cardstock scraps by colour.  You could also use this same type of system for pattern paper eg. you could organize by manufacturer or theme.

One further tip, when you pull out a scrap to punch out a shape, leave the negative in the scrap, ie. don't trim down the length because if it's too short then it's harder to see the scrap piece when you file it away again.




Have fun tackling your scraps, I know when I did..if felt good!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Virginia, I came over from Scrapbooks and Cards Today. I love your pink file folders and holder (I'm taking over a child's bedroom that got married for my scrap room and I'm doing it in pink and green) and wondered what store you purchased them at. I don't remember seeing anything like this is the office store I went to. I live in South Carolina, USA. Don't know where you are. Would love to find these. Thanks Deborah Rikard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deborah,
    Thanks for dropping by! The file folder is from Staples, they were a special release to support breast cancer awareness. They might do this again so maybe watch for it in the Fall at Staples.

    Also, to answer your question about the layout titles No Limits , the border bunch is an Accucut die, and the tree tops are just part of the pattern paper whic is American Crafts Campy Trails collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, thank you for the information! I have a Staples just a few miles from me and I will check. I just love pink! :) Love your layouts!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always brighten my day!