Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Hanging on to the last...drop of summer....

New pencils, new notebooks, fresh erasers, new clothes, new shoes...signs that school days are about to begin and the end of summer vacation is near- boo hoo!


I can't believe how our summer has flown by!  We kept busy with day trips, boat trips, and road trips.  As much as I like to have activities planned for the summer, some of my best memories are enjoyed just spending it at home.  Here is example of just chillin' at home.  In the morning, we picked up a few bare wood pieces at Michael's- they were on clearance and we scored ( a buck each!) on a pool sign, family tree, and some nested boxes.  Anna finished painting the pool sign by around noon, and then we spent the rest of the afternoon in our pool.  Later that night, I scrapped a layout of our day- full circle you could say! 




It was a challenge to find pattern paper with the right 'blueness' to complement the water blue in the photos so I opted for a complete contrasting colour combo of yellow and orange.  The pattern paper is Hello Summer by Echo Park and the diecut embellies are Kaiser Kraft Fine and Sunny collection. I did have some Queen & Co. washi tape that matched- yay for washi tape!





On a side note, I love watching HGTV and one of the shows I was following this past Spring was HGTV's- House of Bryan on the Rocks.   They are airing the series again now if you want to catch Brian Bauemler (the host) build his dream cottage on Georgian Bay.  During the show, I was more interested in the scenery because I was recognizing familiar bits and pieces of Georgian Bay that we like to boat and explore around.  Every show with a new vista of a cluster of trees, rocks or a shoal was giving me another piece of the puzzle so it became a bit of a challenge like 'where is waldo?'.  The puzzle was finished and out of the vast number of nooks and crannies within Georgian Bay, his cottage is where I thought it would be and what a gorgeous cottage it is!  I took this shot from far away, didn't want to seem be like a TMZ photographer or anything like that, LOL! 


Have a wonderful week,  looking ahead the weather is suppose to be beautiful- enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Your layout is spectacular. Love the vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, summer has gone too fast and I still have tons of photos to scrap! Love your page, great colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this fun page, Virginia!! The yellow chevron background is awesome and I love the pop of orange paper over it!! Such cute embellishments, too!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always brighten my day!