Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Scrapfest Oshawa Registration today!

Woo hoo!  Scrapfest Oshawa is the place to be for lots of shopping, learning, cropping, or just hanging out and feeling the awesome vibe of creative scrappers.  Where else can you have so many stores in one place and be giddy over so much scrappy goodness !



I am so excited to be teaching at Scrapfest and since it will be in October I was thinking this would be the perfect time to focus on some Christmas craftin' (either for yourself or making something special for friends and family)

In my first workshop we'll create 3 beautiful double page layouts.  We'll be playing with the gorgeous paper collection from My Minds Eye- these papers are embossed, glittered and flocked- textures that make your pages sing!  We'll be mixing in lots of die cuts and shiny elements making your Christmas photos and memories the focus and in the spot light. 

6 Pages Christmas Celebration - Friday Oct 12, 2- 4 pm
Love to send Christmas cheer in the mail? Then I think you will like the projects we will create in my Christmas Inter-Active cards workshop.  These are not ordinary cards, some of them are like little mini-albums that can hold lots of photos and memories.  We'll be combing the awesome Scor-pal tool with festive My Minds' Eye Christmas papers and you'll create some festive projects that will be flopping, flipping, and swinging- how fun is that!

There is a little video on the side-bar on my blog -->

Christmas Inter-Active Cards-Friday Oct 12, 6 to 8 pm
Lastly, Christmas wouldn't be the same without a little sparkly glitter- combining some reindeer, ornaments, stockings, and snowflakes elements you have an awesome recipe for creating Christmas magic! Not only will you learn a plethora of ideas using micro-fine glitter, you will create a festive sparkly 12 x 12 Christmas canvas with a special photo frame centre piece cherishing your favourite Christmas memory

This project will look gorgeous displayed on your table-top or mantle and the best thing is that you won't have sparkly bits to vaccum up because this is the beauty (no mess!) of the burnished velvet technique!

Glittered Christmas Magic- Saturday Oct 13, 1to 4 pm
Scrapfest Oshawa-you can find all the details and information about registration on their website- hope to see you there!

3 comments:

  1. Virginia, I could kick myself... I was so looking forward to taking classes with you again - by the time I got to my computer now both the Layouts class and the interactive cards class are sold out!!! Do you teach anywhere else in the GTA area?? I was so looking forward to learning how to make these awesome cards and to creating so many layouts in so little time... If there is any chance to add a spot to your classes I volunteer to bring treats, or help with clean-up:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beatrice, thanks for dropping by my blog. Sorry that the classes are full, to answer your question I am also teaching at Cropfest in Cambridge on Nov. 2 and 3rd (also a Scrapfest event, info and details are on their website).

      At Scrapfest Oshawa, my Christmas Glitter magic workshop is a jam packed with techniques and is lots of fun- would love to show you how the micro-fine glitter products are amazing to work with!

      Delete
  2. Thanks virginia. I am waiting until September 19 when the class only registration for Cambridge opens up... I did not register for the crop, and classes only open to the public in September. Right now there seem to still be spots in your classes and I will keep my fingers crossed that it won't change!!

    I have taken your glitter class in Kitchener (boy, am I addicted now!!) and while a refresher is always a good idea, I was really keen to learn something new. Will be way more alert on Sept 19, I can tell you that!! Hope to see you in Cambridge and have fun in Oshawa.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always brighten my day!