Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Something old, something new, something borrowed...

A few weeks ago I got a 'scrap emergency' call from hubby asking me to make a wedding card for a colleague of his who was getting married.  Normally I say yes! happy to make one-  problem was that hubby was going to swing by from work in half an hour to pick it up.   Ack!..into the scrap cave (aka basement) I descend gathering and reaching for my go-to items without hesitation.  Minutes later, kraft cardstock, a few diecuts, glitter, bling, and paper scraps were on my desk. Here is the card I came up with:



The something old is my Tim Holtz birdcage die and my glitter- these items are always in reach!
The something new is the fine and delicate heart border from Memory Box- cuts like butter!
The something borrowed is the idea of using banners.  Seen it everywhere and so easy to make!

3 comments:

  1. Wow...you created this gorgeous card in under a half hour...that's amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful! Necessity is nature's greatest innovator! I like the effect of the glitter. Glams it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always brighten my day!