Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First day of School!

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend, the weather here in Southern Ontario was fabulous and quoting my daughter..."awhh...can't believe we gotta go back to school...the horror!"  Yes, the horror is the word she used, maybe strong but spoken from a kid who just doesn't want summer vacation to end!  She knows that there are no more late nights, no more late morning sleeps, no more ice cream treats (yeah, we do that a lot of ice cream in the summer!), no more hanging out with friends in the pool,  instead these will be replaced with Mom's early morning wake-up calls, homework time, and her worst 'horror' of all- school lunches! (I have tried everything under the sun to make her school lunches a little more interesting).  

So planning my page ahead, I predict that I will likely not get a photo of a beaming and eager 6th grader at 7:30 am this Tuesday morning so I have taken a photo of her pristine, newly organized pencil box.  She was totally eager and excited to get this box organized- so this photo captures a 'happy' moment for sure. A persistent scrapper Mom I am, I will try just before leaving the house if I will have a willing subject for that 'back to school' shot, will let ya know! 


I thought I would share with you a page I made a few years ago of a 'happy' 3rd grader on her first day of school.  On this page I had incorporated photos of previous 'first days' of earlier school years in the flower blooms as a timeline.  I still like to cut my photos in circles (see previous post, this may not be the latest trend but I like it, tee hee) and I use my trusted circle cutters by Creative Memories (one of the first scrappy tools I purchased-  still love them!) The paper supplies used on this page were from Jilli bean Soup.

Have a great week, and if you are having a 'first' day back to school -hope it's a good one too!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments always brighten my day!