Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

December Daily album- part 1

I have been mulling over the idea of doing an Ali Edwards inspired December Daily album and after attending our town's night time Santa parade with all the pretty lights I can't help but to get in the holiday spirit. I have never attempted to make a DD album so I am going to take the plunge this year!  I am not sure if I can keep up with the 'daily' thing about taking a picture a day or even journaling everyday but after reading through Ali's blog and her original concept of the December Daily I couldn't help but be inspired to make my own December album. I think I will call my album December Reflections album.  Taking the 'daily' connotation out of it, this album can celebrate the past, the present, and the future, some of it will be holiday related, some of it will just be everyday life sort of thing. 

So that is my plan, now to the fun part!  Shopping from my stash...well I did buy a few new things but nothing to break the budget.

I am going to use My Mind's Eye All is Bright collection for my pages. Add in a few stamps from M's (can't beat the price when they are a buck each!), my fav punches, diecuts, washi tape, twine and some Maya Road sheers and I am all set.  The album I chose is the small Martha Stewart binder (from Staples). 



 

I like the size of this binder because it measure slightly larger than 7 x 9.   I also like that the binder mechanism is not on the spine so that the cover flips over and closes over the pages, this is helpful when your binder is full.  I also like the aqua blue colour, very calm and coordinates well with my papers.

I started to cut 8 1/2 x 11 card stock in half, so that my base pages measures 5.5 x 8.5 inches, a good size to fit photos and still enough room for embellishing.   The MME journal pads measure 4 x 6 and are perfect to use here.  I also found that rounding the corners on the inside corners help the pages flip better too.



So far I am having a great time putting this album together and finding it easy if I just stick to the supplies I have within reach.  Here is a peek at my desk right now.


I will post finished album pages as I complete them through the week!


1 comment:

Your comments always brighten my day!