Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

December Daily- Part 2



Here is a peek at the very beginning of my December Daily(DD).  My approach to making my DD is to use as much of my supplies on hand, keeping it simple and most importantly to enjoy the creative process.  About this same time last year I was following Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas, loved all the tags I made and just kept them in a large bowl on my table admiring them on occasion (yes admiring them and giving myself a pat on the back for doing all that inky, spritzy, embossing stuff which is so not naturally 'me'!)  I had this ah-ha idea to use them in my DD, why not eh?

The album starts with a pretty vintage tag (it was Tim Holtz inspired Tag #11 and how I made it is here).  I like how the tag sits on top and you get a peek at the rest of the pages underneath.   The 2nd page which was originally my cover page.  The word 'JOY' is diecut with Sizzix using the most awesome blingy product called diamond wrap (from Creative Bag).  The December date tags are a freebie download from Creatively Prompt.  Throughout the album pages I introduced little spurts of black to ground the page- sometimes it 's a stamp, sometimes it's a Maya Road sheer snowflake or tag.
 

I started the first few pages with white card stock bases that I made from 81/2 x 11 sheets cut in half.  Then after going through my Accucut dies I noticed the album die set I have which has 4 different shaped pages that actually fit the binder perfectly so than I switched to all diecut pages after that.

Most of the elements that look like they are in the middle of the page are adhered so that I can easily flip or lift up because I know I will be tucking a photo or journal spot later on.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments always brighten my day!