Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Scrapping whirlwind

It has been a flurry of scrappy craziness these past 4 weeks which included teaching at the Toronto Creativ Festival, Scrapfest Oshawa, Cropfest Barrie, and Pointers Scrapbooking.  A huge wave to all the wonderful scrappy ladies I met at these venues and I hope to see you again soon!

In between teaching workshops I had a few dt assignments, a wedding album for my aunt, and a client's album to finish, phew!

My client's album was a fairly large project and if you ever wonder how thick 50 (25 double-sided page protectors) pages measures...it's about 3 inches high.  I have done previous scrap booking related work for this client but this project was her personal album so I felt a teeny tiny bit of extra pressure to make something really special.  Here is a peek at one page celebrating an achievement in her business career.  In this project, much of the content material I scrapped were letters, articles, press releases, magazine clippings etc. and because I had to thoroughly read each piece to properly design the flow of the album I gained so much insight to the person I was creating about.  It is a really neat experience to scrap for someone else as you don't have an emotional connection to the content per se but you still build a connection in the process of telling their story. The most gratifying part is when you present their finished album and watch as they flip through the pages reliving their special memories.  The grey toile fabric you see in the photo is a drawstring bag that I had made for the album as I couldn't find a proper box to fit the 12 x 12 album. 



So as I write this post with scrappy deadlines behind me,  I am happy to 'just be', sip my cup of tea and think about playing with some pretty paper just for the sake of playing.   All I know is I am staying away from anything 12 x 12, LOL.  To be honest I'm not in any mindset to even think about creating a layout page after just finishing a few albums for others.  In the meantime, I do have some other projects which I haven't shared yet so I'll be posting those soon.

I was at Michael's the other day and they have some very cute Christmas goodies out already.  Here are some wooden stamps I picked up for only 1 $ each and I really like this 6 x 6 pad from MME.  Love the combination of soft greys with the yellows.  I think there is some card making in my future- yippee!


Also picked up some washi on sale half price!- love this stuff, so much fun even just to use for holiday wrapping.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments always brighten my day!