Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Bling it on with some diamond wrap

With all the festive lights and sparkly decorations I see this time of year I can’t help but to add a little bling to my holiday paper crafting! A really kewl  product I recently came across recently is called diamond wrap. This sparkly jewel backed mesh is available in a range of beautiful colours (all you need is to enable a few scrappy friends, make a few swaps and you can collect some every colour, that’s what I did!).   I purchased these from Creative Bag in Mississauga and they have reduced their  price for 10 yards of diamond wrap to $24.99.  That is a lot of diamond wrap to play with, 4.5 inches wide x 30 feet of bling!  Cut them into individual strips, square mats, diecut them into shapes -oh my the possibilities are endless!  If you are in the U.S, just google 'diamond wrap ribbon' for sources.


I’ve seen diamond wrap used for home décor projects and in event decorations and I thought if you can wrap these jewels around a candle, a pen holder, or napkin ring than surely use them on our paper craft projects too! When I first played with diamond wrap I noticed that the jewels were plastic and can easily be cut with scissors (love my Wescott sharp tipped scissors) so then my mind immediately zoomed to my Sizzix dies. Sure enough the Sizzix dies can cut through diamond wrap like buttah! One tip, I would stick to larger and simpler die cut shapes. 

To adhere diamond wrap to my scrappy projects I used strong double sided adhesive tape like ATG or Scor-tape . You can also use glue dots or a Beacon 3in1 adhesive too.

Here is a fun and simple round holiday tag topper using diamond wrap and the round Sizzix circle die. I can also use the negative as a nice frame too! 

 
I used it here on the JOY word die cut for my December Daily album.  

You can also use diamond wrap as little mats under embellishments, trim into individual strips as candy sticks, or hand cut banners for extra sparkle!  




Hope you have fun adding a little bling to your scrappin', like they say diamonds are a girl's best friend (tee hee).  Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. I love how the bling looks cut into banners!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always brighten my day!