Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Cropfest Barrie May 3 to 4


Don't you just love weekends, especially when it's a weekend that is dedicated to scrapbooking!
May 4 is National Scrapbook Day and many around the world will be spending some time craftin!
Cropfest Barrie can help with your NSD plans, they are hosting a wonderful crop  at the Holiday Inn.  Karen Ellis and I will be having some mini workshops planned to keep your creative mojo flowing!!

Registration for Cropfest is open NOW at www.scrapfest.ca

Here's a peek at my Cropfest classes on Friday:

1. Fancy Folds Birthday cards:

One can never have too many birthday cards, we will be using the Scor-pal tool and you will see how easy it is with a few scores to create some dynamite cards.  This is just a one hour class so we will cover the scoring and folding techniques for 3 (a side step, easel, and triple pocket) cards and you have enough bonus supplies and instructions to create 3 more fun birthday cards PL|US I have included an exclusive wafer thin cupcake die for each participant.  Die cut as many cupcakes and ice cream treats to make your projects extra sweet! (note: the card designs in this class are similar to Kitchener 2012 card class)


2. Two double page Family themed layouts and Glitter cards:

We will have lots of fun layering beautiful pattern papers, diecuts, glossy chipboard, jewel brads, and rub-ons to create pages to capture all things family.  I love the colour combinations here, greens, blues, and yellows.   You may think this is cray, when I was designing this class I was thinking apple pie!  I felt I was creating something yummy, comfortable, cozy, with lost of family goodness, etc.  okay I better stop before you think I am totally nuts!

This is a 2 hour workshop, the first hour we will focus on our family themed layouts.  For the 2nd hour we will clear away our tables and get sparkly for a burnished velvet mini techniques introduction.  I have taught this at prior Scrapfests and it's normally a 3 hours workshop so I will be teaching the Cole's (shortened) version of this at Cropfest Barrie.  You will still be amazed at this mess free micro-fine glitter!  (I mixed up the date of the workshop at the end of the video, this workshop is offered in Barrie on Friday May 3, 2013)

Click image for YouTube video link
Well, that is all for now, thanks so much for hanging with me in this long post. I hope you enjoyed the class peeks.  I will update with some more videos of my inter-active workshops for Kitchener.  Until then, stay safe and warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments always brighten my day!