Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Simple punch technique to add some pop!

Good morning! it's my turn to post at Scrapbook and Cards Today blog and wanted to share with you a quick tip on using the negatives of your punches.  I chose a heart punch for my example today but this will work for any symmetrical shape like scalloped flowers, butterflies, diamonds, circles etc.


Inspired by the ever so popular hand-heart gesture I took the negatives of two hearts and placed them together making one heart as the focal point of my card.
 



Cut two paper mats larger than the size of your punch.  Punch or die cut the heart on both mats in the same spot offset a bit.  In my example, I used a scalloped rectangle mat and 2 different pattern papers.


Fold along the middle of the negative heart shapes and join the two pieces together to form one single heart.  The flared folds in the middle also give your heart a little pop and you can stamp a smaller message inside the heart too!  Save the punched out hearts for your card.


Didn’t I say it was EASY!!

Also registration for Scrapfest Kitchener is tonight!!

 



4 comments:

  1. So nice idea! For sure I'll use It veeery soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ola tudo bem?
    Gostei muito do seu Blog.
    Parabens...
    Venha fazer uma visitinha...
    (¯`v´¯)
    `•.¸.•´
    ¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´¸¸.•´¯`•->Leila
    www.fazendoarteleriente.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip, Virginia! There are so many punches we could use, applying this technique!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always brighten my day!