Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Dividing up divided page protectors


I am loving the options of using divided page protectors and mixing them into my albums.   WR Memory Keeper has come out with oodles of configurations and you get get these at your LSS or Michaels.
I like to mix them with my traditional 12 x 12 layouts because sometimes you have photos that you don't necessarily want to scrap on a layout but want to to still include them in your albums.  I even like to go one step further and actually divide them up.  Yup, dividing divided page protectors..sounds a bit weird doesn't it?




Take your divided page protector (I chose the 6 up landscape configuration).  Cut away ½ inch from the first column.  You can use your trimmer or scissors, don’t worry about having to make it super straight because you will be covering up the rough edge with pattern paper.  Don’t discard the rest of the page protector because you can use it later , I'll post a few ideas later.
Cut two 1 x 12 inch paper strips and border punch along the edge.  Glue these strips directly to the page protector along the edge that is rough cut.  I chose a coordinating pattern paper with the 12 x 12 layout underneath.  Your page protector is slightly longer than 12 inches so your strip will not reach end to end,  just cut on an angle the little longer piece at the ends.



Slip in your photos and other memorabilia (I included the actual party invitation) into the photo sleeves. I like how the smaller page fits over the layout giving you a peek of what’s to follow next.


Here is a view of the smaller page flipped over, again just slip more photos in and it all ties to the layout. Talk about easy-peasy!  Hope you give mixing up your album pages a try!


Here's a look at the 12 x 12 layout (without the glare) because I've taken it out of the page protector.

Supplies: My Minds Eye pattern paper, Lifestyle Crafts die cuts and alphabet, Sketch Support sketch.

1 comment:

Your comments always brighten my day!