Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

Onion Envelope class at the Art Studio @ SNR

My onion envelope project is something I still get requests to teach so I think it was a natural fit that this be my first on-line class, now available at the Art Studio @ Scrapbook News and Review!

If you haven't heard about my onion envie , it's basically a nestling of envelope-like templates that fold up nicely into an A9 sized mailing envelope (perfect to send to loved ones).  As it unfolds, there are flip, flaps, nooks and crannies for you to display lots of photos and journaling.  It is a mini-album/inter-active card and is super fun project to make.  Depending on your theme, colour choice of papers and embellishments you can totally personalize it and make it your own.
This one below is the class example, a family themed onion envie, and it uses pretty papers by Crate paper.



Onion Envelope Family theme

I dug through my photos and here are some examples of other onion envelopes. As you can see lots of variation and possibilities which is why I think once you make one, you are sure to make a few more.
 
Christmas

Holiday

Baby

Graduation Prom

Disney

Here is a quick run-down on what's included in my on-line class:

The template measurements for the onion envelope offered in this class I have tweaked so that the project can be made easily with all the readily available brands of scoring boards.   Lots of photos and suggestions of how I decorated each layer of the onion envelope are included.

In the centre of the onion envie is an accordion flip out assembly, and I give you another template and 2 variations on how to change out this middle assembly.  Also included are 5 themed pdf files of quotes and sentiments (Family, Birthday, Christmas, Baby and Wedding) that you can print out for your personal use as many times to create as many onion envies you want.  These make awesome craft night projects with your scrappy friends and kids!

One last bonus and class participants at SNR are the first to see this is a brand NEW 5 x 5 onion envelope template.  So really you get 2 onion envelope projects in this one class, yay!  I can see this smaller 5 x 5 onion envie created as a cute little brag book, a special invitation/announcement or it can be a fun inter-active way to add more photos to your scrapbook pages.

5 x 5 Onion Envelope- Baby theme
 

Lastly, I'll be available via email and in a class group forum at SNR for any questions you might have about the class.  I would love to meet you!

2 comments:

  1. So cool Virginia! This will be a great class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic Virginia! Very very nice idea! good look for the online class, for sure It will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always brighten my day!