Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The past, the present, and the future.

I am sorry I have not been blogged lately, it has been really crazy here lately so I hope it's okay if I summarize into one post.

The past.

After an amazing time at Scrapfest Oshawa in October I had to funnel all my creative capacity into creating a Starbucks frappuccino costume for my daughter.  She had been very patient with me the entire month of October as I was super busy with prepping for Oshawa Scrapfest and I had taken on a client album at the same time.  With just 6 days prior to October 31 I had to sharpen up my sewing skills.  It turned out to be a 'community' effort.  I was having difficulty creating the cup pattern, I wasn't getting the right girth in the cup so my friend Mary (who has a fashion degree) gave me some advice on pattern making and voila a perfect sized cup was in the making.  And my friend Myra (who is very wise) advised the froth had to be lower below the neckline so that it would not look too 'clowny'.
Armed with such awesome advice (thank you gals) I hunkered down and got to work.  With 2 days to spare before Halloween night I finished the Mocha frap and matching loot bag.  Here is a look at my cute Starbucks Frappuccino!  She was thrilled!

 
I had mentioned taking on a client album.  The final count was 276 individual photos in the finished album! yup you read that right 2-7-6 lots of photos. This album was created for a man so lots of graphic and typography in the design.  Creating a masculine themed album definitely challenges you creatively because you can't rely on the fancy frills of flowers, borders, cutesy things etc.


Having the month of October just whiz by, brings me to 

The present.


I'm am under a pile of scrapping goodness kitting for my classes at Cropfest Cambridge this coming weekend!  Looking forward to returning to Cambridge for a fun time! Video links to my classes can be seen at the Cropfest website here.

Lastly, the future.

More scrapbook teaching is in the works which I'm very excited about, can't wait to share some sneak peeks very soon!


I don't have any crafy deadlines in the immediate weeks ahead so I'm just going to take it easy and have fun with this:


I love the organic look of these oversized burlap bags ( I bought a few from Creative Bag when they were on Clearance for just $1!) and thought it would be fun to decorate them with foam stamps, rag flowers, buttons, etc...whatever I have in my stash!  This bag would fit 12 x 12 sized items perfectly, hmm...what do I know is 12 x 12, lol!

Anyways that is what is going on in a nutshell, I am also going through a bit of technology crisis-- my computer, my printers, and just recently my phone has decided to give up on me all at once! So I'm in the middle of a technological transition which I absolutely dread, i just want these things to work when I press the button, ya know!

Have a wonderful week!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments always brighten my day!