This is no ordinary wrapping paper!



I am a sucker for pretty wrapping paper so when I purchased this pretty teal chevron paper a while ago I didn't know how awesome it was until I recently used it to wrap a birthday gift.
  
I noticed immediately when I cut through the paper it was different.  It was much thicker and I could I cut through the entire length of the paper roll in one motion with my scissor blades open.   Turns out this wrapping paper is made from recycled limestone, so it's not even paper! Wow!




Of course I needed to repurpose this recycled goodness into a craft idea!  I ran it through my library pocket die and it didn't tear or break.  I love the teal colour against kraft as a background.


So just in case you run out of pattern paper, raid your wrapping paper stash!




2 comments:

  1. That's really cool "paper"... even better is that it matches your blog background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Virginia... I didn't realize that I wouldn't have a spot to put my name in that post above... from Rona.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always brighten my day!