Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Got wings!

Good morning, it's my turn up on the SCT blog.  I'd like to share with you a few cards using the very popular tattered flowers die designed by Tim Holtz released by Sizzix.  There are oodles of ideas on the internet using the flowers so I'm going to show you fun ways to use just the leaves.






Now available in the XL die (you need to have the extended cutting plates to cut this through your Big Shot machine.  I know I’ll be using it quite a bit for both paper crafting and home decor projects! 

You know me... I always like to re-purpose to get the most out of my supplies.  With this die I immediately zoned in on the leaves and thought these would make beautiful wings. 



I cut 4 small leaves (to use as wings) out of parchment paper and adhered them behind the dressform shape to mimic an angelic figure form.  The dress form is also Tim Holtz that I cut from chipboard and covered with Tim Holtz tissue paper.The stamp sentiment is also Tim Holtz. Yup, love my TH stuff!



Another creative use for the leaf shape is to make a cute winged-heart for a clean and simple Valentines card.


Hope you've been inspired and ready to 'take flight' with some creative projects!

Have a wonderful day, Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments always brighten my day!