Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Dry embossing

I love the look of dry embossing and with all the beautiful designs out there I really should use this technique more often and not for just cards, dry embossing could add another beautiful texture to my pages too!



I love this Sizzix window diecut, it is a Tim Holtz alterations design.  I didn't do this for my card, but I think this would look awesome if you diecut some chipboard and use crackle and white acrylic paint to make it look weathered.

I made this easy-peasy card using a Sizzix embossing folder (pears and vines set) and matted it under the window for that 'look out the window' scenery effect.  The possibilities are endless with using the window---> think any images for any season, so versatile!


The negative from the window panes are fabulous chipboard tiles that you can use for matting alphabets and other stuff- so remember 'negatives' from your die cuts are worth keeping.  Would you believe it if I told you I have a filing system for all my negatives throw-away stuff, lol!


Have fun using your embossing folders!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments always brighten my day!