Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Sequin it!



Hi! I was up on the Scrapbook and Cards Today blog this week and shared an idea to make your own  sequinned embellishments.  All you need are your sequins and some packing tape to start, yes you read that correctly, packing tape!

Sprinkle out some sequins and use the packing tape (sticky side down) to pick them up.  Then gently flip the tape over so the sequins are facing up.


Trim out a small piece of card stock that matches the colour of your sequins. 
Apply clear scrapbook adhesive onto the card stock and then press this onto the sequins. Mush it down a bit so that it adheres to the sequins.

Essentially you have just created a sandwich of sequins between the packing tape and card stock.
Run this sandwich through your steel rule die to create your die cut shape. 









You may have to use a little bit of liquid adhesive to secure a few sequins that may have come loose from the die cutting process.





Voila! a pretty sequinned embellishment is ready for your project. The packing tape gives the leaf a nice glossy sheen and also keeps the sequins contained when the card is sent in the mail.


There are some very tiny snow flurries dropping as I type this so I know and feel (brrr...) Winter is just around the corner.  

Mark December 5th as this is the day SCT's Winter Issue is going to be released! Oh yay, I think that is a good day to whip up some hot chocolate and enjoy the issue in your comfy PJ's!




2 comments:

  1. I ABSOLUTELY love your card and the sequin technique. I have one question ... When you say, "Apply clear scrapbook adhesive onto the card stock and then press this onto the sequins. Mush it down a bit so that it adheres to the sequins," what do you mean by clear scrapbook adhesive? What product did you use to complete this step?

    Thank you for the ongoing inspiration!! I love your blog!!

    Judy
    lifesabeach32940@cfl.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy, I used Scotch ATG tape, I find this very tacky so that when I put it over the sequins it will stick to the card stock. I mention to mush it down because some sequins may not all like flat. You could also try clear liquid adhesive but I would suggest letting that dry completely before running the sequin sandwich through your diecut machine. Hope this helps!

      Delete

Your comments always brighten my day!